Target your treatment
A hidden gem in the heart of Cyprus
Ayii Anargyri taps into a natural spring which the spa has harnessed to establish a wellness resort ideal for anyone seeking respite from arthritis, skin or circulation problems
Carved into a valley and nestling under a woodland of mature orange trees the natural healing spa resort of Ayii Anargyri in Cyprus is a hidden gem well worth straying off the traditional tourist trail to find.
Located in the foothills of Miliou near Paphos the spa is an architectural masterpiece blending old and new; the light, airy spa with its three circular therapy pools and cool, cream relaxation room stands alongside the historic family church and spa hotel with its stunning outdoor pool.
Ayii Anargyri taps into the Ayia Anastasia natural spa only two kilometers from the resort which boasts 22 treatment rooms and the 56-room hotel which accommodates guests who tend to stay a couple of nights to benefit from the healing waters which are rich in sulphur.
AYII ANARGYRI HEATED POOLS
The natural spring waters are used for the therapy baths which are heated to 30 C with guests staying 15 minutes in each pool as the sulphur and jets are good for circulation, arthritis and for treating skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
The Vichy shower and Thalaxion circulation boosting-capsule is all very user friendly especially for the elderly guests who seek relief at the spa which is known as “the spring of life”.
One such treatment is Le Sieste (one of only two in Europe) which is basically a big, square bath with an array of lights and sounds offering aromatherapy treatments in warm water which is so soothing you simply float on cushions releasing stress and tension.
Sadly, time was not on my side during my brief visit but I did escape for 20 minutes to try the water hammock as it didn’t require any dressing or undressing. All I had to do was lie on a water bed and drift away to the music. As someone with back problems the support from the water along the contours of my spine was fabulous and my body almost seemed to thank me for taking the pressure off my joints for a few moments.
As I sipped my herbal tea in the relaxation room overlooking the orange trees I really felt I had discovered a little gem in the heart of Cyprus.
Spa Traveller Wellness tips:
- Ideal for elderly people seeking a bit of R&R as there is made-to-measure baths for ease of getting in and out plus treatments such as thermal mud for hands which helps the pain of arthritis
- Take time out to chill in the cool, cream relaxation room and take in its stunning views
- Although spread over three floors modern lifts are available for ease of access
- The adjacent hotel with its spa bungalows allows guests to stay for as long as needed to benefit from the sulphur-rich waters
- For those seeking a “medicinal” glass of wine at the end of the day checkout the incredible wine cellar with its magic tables!
- Great for spa breaks and rejuvenating spa holidays
PERFECT FOR PEOPLE SEEKING SOME R&R
A SPA WITH HISTORIC BEGINNINGS:
- The monastery of Ayii Anargyri was founded by two brothers, Saints Cosmas and Damianos in 1649. They were well known on the island for travelling from village to village caring for the sick and the dying – for which they never asked payment, hence the monastery’s name which means “without silver”.
- In the spring of 2009 Ayii Anargyri Spa resort opened its doors with its boutique hotel comprising of spa bungalows, garden suites and classic rooms.
- Cuisine is grown locally and provides the best traditional Cypriot fare – food that is garden fresh, nutritious and flavoursome.