How to feel confident in swimwear
A really tough answer, but ultimately if you are not happy in your chosen swimsuit then you won’t feel confident. With Spa Days and Spa breaks over the summer having a more of a holiday feel, here are my top tips to help you exude confidence!
Images: Courtesy Verite Louise Swimwear
High summer is here and one of the most frequently asked questions I get is:
“How can I feel confident in my swimwear?”
A really tough answer, but ultimately if you are not happy in your chosen swimsuit then you won’t feel confident. With Spa breaks over the summer having a more of a holiday feel, here are my top tips to help you exude confidence!
1. Stand Up Tall – Bad posture can seemingly add 10lbs. Stand up, shoulders back and hold your head high. Your tummy will be pulled flatter; chest will appear perkier as well looking taller.
2. Wear a small wedged heeled sandal – A heel adds height, it elongates the legs and slims the thighs, a winner all round. Not too high though as you are walking round a spa!
3. Black isn’t always best - Avoid plain block colours, there is nowhere for the eye to be drawn to and this can often accentuate problematic bits. Pick a print or ruching to keep on lookers focused on the costume, rather than the body.
4. Don’t opt for big bottoms to cover a big bottom – Covering a large surface area in a large brief will only draw the eyes to that area, especially from a distance! Instead choose a traditional brief with full bottom coverage and cover up with a sarong.
5. Properly support your chest! No matter how small or large your bust, support it in the right way. A properly shaped bikini or costume top will slim even the largest of busts.
6. Go up a size – Simple remedy for a “muffin top” choose a size up for less grip to you!
Feel confident in your swimwear and then you will be able to relax and enjoy that spa break even more.
Special VIP code for Spa Traveller readers: For 15% off website quote spa15 at checkout online