Luxury holiday homes with in-room spa
St Mawes Retreats offers a five-star hotel experience from the comfort of their five Cornish holiday homes which rival some of the best in the world…
Images: Courtesy St Mawes Retreats
How could you resist a luxury home-from-home holiday with your own personal therapist, chef and nanny on call? The first surprise could be to learn that you can find this in the UK – St Mawes in Cornwall to be precise – and the second surprise is that this is affordable luxury which attracts families, couples, groups and single people, back time after time.
You only have to read the guest comments which include the words: “A fantastic 'staycation', who needs to go anywhere else. A fabulous house, wonderful views. A truly magical place.”
So forget booking that nine-hour flight to the FieldSpa, Goldeneye in Jamaica, where Ian Fleming wrote the James Bond books, just jump in the car and head south to the idyllic-sounding Moonrakers, Stargazers, Dreamcatchers, Shellseekers and Sunseekers – which all have breath-taking coastal views along with a touch of movie glamour.
The founder of St Mawes Retreats, Amanda Selby, not only offers her house guests a concierge service which includes everything from a childcare to use of a private boat and grocery service but has now just launched a new in-room spa treatment menu.
“We provide a five-star hotel experience from the comfort of five luxury houses,” Amanda Selby told The SPA Traveller.
“Each house combines stunning sea views, luxury interiors with premium service and attention to detail. We aim to provide guests with simply the best self-catering holiday house they have ever experienced.
“Our vision was to provide luxury hotel quality but with the freedom and independence that comes with your own home, perfect for families who want to relax in style,” said Amanda who knows a thing or two about hospitality as she worked for the Duke of Marlborough at Blenheim Palace and Royal Ascot.
“We have some of the best houses in St Mawes with breath-taking sea views. All our houses have recently been renovated and refurbished to provide luxurious, contemporary interiors in a space that is truly yours to do as you wish.
“Our guests can now enjoy a spa treatment in the privacy of their holiday home without having to take a step outside.
Amanda works with local qualified therapists who offer holistic massage, reflexology, aromatherapy, body cleanse, and scrub treatments which all use 100 per cent organic, plant-based products, hand-made in Cornwall.
“Our concierge can also arrange for childcare during treatment times so busy parents can relax and enjoy a little pampering before they return home.”
The spa menu consists of 15 treatments including the new Polynesian Apollo Awakening treatment, where two therapists work in a seamless wave-like flow for the ultimate massage indulgence at a cost of only £120 per hour.
St Mawes Retreats has named their three bespoke treatments after their collection of houses. These include: A two-hour Star Luxury treatment with a choice of either Spirulina Super food, Indulgent Chocolate or Himalayan rose pink crystal salt for the body to boost energy levels.
A two-and-a-half hour Moon Clarity which consists of a sweeping massage with deeper pressure and acupressure points to clear away blockages using body oil with arnica to enhance skin cell regeneration and a three-hour Self Seekers in which a journey of tranquillity will begins as guests are encouraged to relax and enjoy a gently soothing variety of essential oils being applied to the body.
And if that’s not enough you can then relax and wait for dinner to be served by your personal chef – and you don’t even have to step out of your fluffy bathrobe!
St Mawes Retreats
• Moonrakers is a luxury self-catering home with a stunning interior and features. Set in magnificent gardens and with breath-taking sea views it can accommodate up to 12 guests in exclusive style. All bedrooms are fully en-suite and the property has a dedicated Games Room.
• Stargazers is a contemporary-style detached house with breath-taking sea views, set in landscaped south facing gardens in a peaceful area of St Mawes. Ideally situated, Stargazers is only a two-minute walk from the Castle and coastal walks, and a five to seven minute stroll to the beaches, shops and restaurants. The property enjoys magnificent views of the sea and Carrick headlands and St Anthony's lighthouse. Sleeps 10.
• Dreamcatchers is a fabulous luxury house, spacious, light and modern with stunning sea views, and a private garden situated 200 yards above the waterside. Dreamcatchers commands magnificent views of the harbour, the headland and out across Falmouth bay to Manacle point and Helford River. Sleeps 8.
• Shellseekers is a fabulous two-bedroom modern house, ideally situated with private parking in the centre of St Mawes, Cornwall. It is the perfect house for couples and families who enjoy luxurious, modern, high quality surroundings and require spacious self-catering accommodation! Sleeps 4.
• Sunseekers is a beautiful, modern, three-bedroom apartment situated on the Esplanade in Fowey with stunning views of the river, Polruan and out to sea. The property is furnished to a very high standard and includes parking. Sleeps 6.
• St Mawes Retreats provide a five-star hotel experience from the comfort of five luxury houses, with 'space and privacy' which hotels do not offer.
• The houses enjoy magnificent sea views and beautiful gardens with glorious flowers and plants.